About the Job
A successful candidate will possess a range of experience in the areas of Network Operations, Infrastructure Network Engineering and Management, configuration and maintenance of firewalls and network devices, as well as providing 24/7 operational support for business-critical network systems. The candidate should be interested in a position that is flexible to daily tasking and not a rigid repetitive list of duties. This position requires hands-on user support as well as network engineering. Not only will the perfect candidate enjoy solving user issues but also integrating new technologies. Key attributes include network engineering, architecture and design experience, service metric and KPI reporting, strong documentation skills, interpersonal awareness, proactivity, and a proven ability to manage and drive exceptional client delivery. The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to speak and present effectively to all levels of business. Familiarity with advanced design processes and concepts in architecting an independent data center network and support infrastructures, along with a working knowledge of Nutanix Virtualization Environment and Citrix Virtual Desk Infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain the client network by helping to troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks.
- Interfacing with customers and government representatives on network issues that are varied and range from simple to complex.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involve account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration-related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems to include Audio Visual, Avaya PBX, and Database components
- Manage IT system infrastructure and processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of the problem
- Configure and manage Windows operating systems
- Install/load the operating system and application software for users
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain the integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of collection systems
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Nutanix or Virtualization Knowledge.
- Minimum 5 Years experience in designing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining a firewall, and network architectures for Critical Environment infrastructures or related enterprise-scale services.
- Strong experience with tooling platforms for infrastructure services such as console command services, service monitoring, incident alarming, compliance, and other services to aid in fulfilling operational monitoring, audit logging of events, compliance requirements, outages, or security-related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple concurrent mission-critical infrastructure projects.
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to apply clear critical thinking in complex, stressful situations.
- Provide meaningful and timely reporting of operational success metrics.
- Working knowledge of vendor support contract terms, conditions, mechanisms, and procedures.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other related technical degree and 4+ years of experience.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain an L-1 Security Clearance. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
About Raye IT Consulting
Raye IT Consulting, LLC is an 8(a) certified IT consulting and technology firm. Raye IT brings over 20 years of experience in delivering mission-critical programs and support for the Federal Government and large agencies. We specialize in program and project management, capital planning and IT investment portfolio management, infrastructure support, and application development deployment including IT operations and maintenance. We deliver value through technical and managerial expertise – innovation, efficient processes, executable strategies, and methodologies that generate tangible and measurable results to our clients across the Federal, Civilian, and DoD sectors. Raye IT Consulting is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with an office in Washington, DC. Combining unparalleled expertise as a staffing firm and our full-time consultant staff, Raye IT Consulting's customer-focused delivery model utilizes a broad-spectrum approach that interacts with your company at every level. This enables Raye IT to anticipate your IT needs and deliver solutions that scale in an ever-changing technology environment. The end result is a responsive, flexible, reliable, high-quality services standard that supports and accelerates your business success.